A Simple yet Elegant and Romantic Sanctuary
- Start with a neutral palette in one tone and add colour with quilts, cushions and accessories.
- Accessories can be candle holders, storage boxes, quirky porcelain figures, antique busts, mirrors and needless to say...flowers in pretty antique vases. However, keep accessories minimal and do not clutter.
- Lighting should be soft to give the room ambience. Wall chandeliers or a central chandelier, simple in style and perhaps dressed with prisms is a good choice.
- Furniture in the French country bedroom should be simplistic, elegant and kept to a minimum, avoiding clutter. Mix old and new, but use old pieces that look loved and gently worn with age, not shabby and neglected.
- Use the best bed linen you can afford to add luxury and comfort to your French bedroom decor.
- Remember, rules are minimum for French Country, but do retain harmony and balance through careful choice of furniture and colour.
~ Tips from The French Country Decor Guide
Browse our French Seaside Cottage Boutique now... http://Boutique-de-la-Mer.com